The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), an international institution of higher learning, is looking for a News and Media Specialist who will be responsible for writing, editing and disseminating news stories about AIT through web and print media. The deadline for applications is 15 May 2007.
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), an international institution of higher learning, is looking for a News and Media Specialist who will be responsible for writing, editing and disseminating news stories about AIT through web and print media. The News and Media Specialist, will be an experienced journalist able to interact with various stakeholders and able to write and produce high quality news stories about AIT’s education, research, training and outreach activities in countries throughout the region, contributing to creating a brand about AIT, its faculty, staff, students, alumni and partners engaged in this work..
To be considered, the applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree in communication or journalism, or related discipline
- A professional interest in development and technology issues
- Training in writing and producing news articles for print and web media in the English language based on information supplied and/or attending meetings/workshops/conferences in-house or in the field.
- At least 5 years experience in journalism, preferably including: experience of producing in-house English magazines, newsletters and promotional materials; producing press releases, and monitoring and liaising with the media; arranging press conferences, news briefings, media interviews (newspapers, radio and TV), visits and public events
- Keeping up to date with current issues and public opinions, and advising senior management on them.
- Having media network
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in an international multicultural work environment
Remuneration will commensurate with qualification, experience and ability to deliver results.
Both full time and part-time appointments are possible. Your letter of application should include a curriculum vitae, a portfolio of work published in print and on the web (with evidence of authorship and/or editorship), and the names, addresses and affiliations of three references. Deadline for submission of applications is on 15 May 2007.
The application may be sent to email@example.com with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.